Monday, February 26, 2007

Toddler's hoodie ban

A GRANDMOTHER has branded as “pathetic and laughable” a shop’s policy on hoodies - after her two-year-old grandson was asked to remove his hood. Brenda Cowper (right), 54, told how her husband took the youngster to his corner shop on a cold and windy night. “No sooner had they got inside than the shop-keeper asked my husband to remove the little boy’s hood. My husband said, ‘he’s only two-and-a-half. I don’t think he's going to rob you.’” In November, a middle-aged nurse was refused her morning paper at the same shop for wearing a lambswool hooded cardigan. Mrs Cowper added: “I can understand their point because there are a lot of kids that cause trouble down there, but when it’s a two-year-old it’s a bit pathetic and I think most people would just think it’s laughable really.” Staff at the Monkton Road Stores said no one was available to comment. York Evening Press 22/1/07.

No comments: